Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Pros & Cons

Most of us support "Privatisation" because of the poor service from public sector. Leave alone poor service. Its public servants' carelessness that most of us don't like. "Privatisation" has its own pros & cons like everything in the universe has.

I've been using set of corporate Credit Cards from a well known Credit Card company. All these credit card companies are, now-a-days, very aggressive in selling their EMI conversion product. Customers can pay back their outstanding in installments instead of the traditional one time or revolving methods. I've been using these cards for almost a year. So far, I've never had any complaint against them. Last time I used one of the cards for fabrics purchase that too just for 1000 bucks. When I received my statement for the month, I was really puzzled to see that my last transaction amount was converted to three EMIs'. I rang up their 24-hr call center to discuss about this ridiculous thing. I was really shocked when their representative said "Contact the merchant. It was the merchant who's converted this transaction to EMIs". Merchant? Who the heck he's to give such instruction? Finally, after I sang a "lullaby", he'd agreed to reverse it. How do I take it.? It's just a mistake of someone? Or it's their trick? Whatever be the case, I'm not going to leave them. Though it's a mistake from their side, one thing that most of us like to go for privatisation is, you have someone who's responsible.

Let me see whether they're really responsible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home