Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Burnt mid night oil…!

Some times in life certain things, about which you have been thinking for quite some time, happen surprisingly one day. Surely, you wonder, how come this life know that I have been incubating my thoughts on this and presents me this situation.

It was when I just entered XII standard. My aunt bought me bunch of books for IIT-JEE (entrance examination for Indian Institute of Technology, India’s premier technology institute. India’s pride world’s envy. ) preparation. For me, everything looked Latin & Greek because all those books were in English, whereas I had been in non-English medium till XI and in XII standard too. Ultimately, I could not take the exam. Even if I had taken the exam, I would not have cracked it. Because, people normally start preparing for this exam while they are in VIII standard. That is, close to 5 years of preparation. Even if I had started preparation while at XII, I would not have cracked the exam. Moreover, she had bought me just the books, never fed me the thought of getting into IIT. Nevertheless, I must thank her for she was the one, in fact, the only one, who wanted me to try & get into IIT. Though, I do not regret for not getting into IIT, I must admit that I feel I had missed an opportunity.

Recently, I happened to read a book “The IITians” by Mr. Sandipan Deb. For a review, please visit: http://www.penguinbooksindia.com/Books/aspBookDetail.asp?ID=5457
I had been burning mid night oil for the past two weeks. I had never stayed till mid night even for critical exams in my life.

IIT alumnus head many of the biggest and most admired professionally managed companies. Abroad, they lead giant corporations and their feats figure in the folklore of Silicon Valley. It’s really exhilarating to read about their self-belief, guts & passion. In my opinion, it’s their passion that induces them to explore and the experience/knowledge they get out of exploration makes them self-believers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home